Monday 16 September 2013

Young crash survivor thanks rescuers, says 'I thought I might die'

LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) -

An East Texas teen is thankful to be alive after a harrowing crash in which he was trapped and had to be rescued by onlookers. Now Colton MacDonald is thanking his rescuers. With two broken vertebrae, and wearing a neck brace, Colton is just glad he's alive today.

"I'm very thankful to everybody who helped me when I had my accident," he says. 

The 17-year old crashed his car Sunday in Longview, and remembers those anxious moments trapped in his car.

"I blacked out in the middle of the collision. I was scared. I wanted someone. I was just terrified. I was worried that I might die," Colton says.  

Colton's mother, Mandi MacDonald didn't want time to go by without saying thanks.

"I would like to thank the people that went out of their way to come help my son. If it wasn't for the people that held the car up, I don't know what would have happened; I wouldn't see my son grow up," says Mandi.    

Several people helped lift the car onto its side, holding it up until paramedics and police arrived.

"I heard a bunch of people saying it's ok, EMT's are on their way," Colton says.    

And they stayed with Colton, talking to him, until rescuers could cut him out of the wreck.

"How thankful I am that they were there. There are good people out there," Mandi says.    

Colton has one message to those who helped.

"Thank you; just thank you," he says.

Colton is recovering and plans to meet with those who helped him the day of the accident.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment