Saturday 3 August 2013

Best Travel Pictures of 2013 Named

Photograph by Wagner Araujo

Competitors in the Brazilian Aquathlon run in Rio Negro in the winning image of National Geographic's 2013 Traveler Photo Contest.

"I photographed it from the water and my lens got completely wet, but there was so much energy in these boys that I just didn't worry about it," said photographer Wagner Araujo of Belo Horizonte, Brazil.

National Geographic Traveler director of photography Dan Westergren, one of this year's judges, said: "This photo really captures my attention because of the peak action it depicts. I love the horizontal tension caused by the main subject on his way out of the picture to the right."

The 25th annual photo contest received more than 15,000 entries in four categories: Travel Portraits, Outdoor Scenes, Sense of Place, and Spontaneous Moments. (See all the entries.)

Published August 1, 2013


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment